Meybohm Commercial’s July 2022 Newsletter
FLYING HIGH IN JULY
A few shopping centers, acres, and businesses later, July has flown by! We’re looking forward to continued growth as the weather cools down and everyone gets back into the swing of things. Check back in August!
- 201 Main Street | Karen Daly: Exciting news for New Ellenton, SC! 201 Main Street South will be the newest location for SRP Federal Credit Union. Formerly a Hardee’s and then a Popeyes, this property sat vacant for several years and finally found its new purpose. Looking forward to seeing the familiar green and white sign in an ideal location as New Ellenton is a major gateway to the Savannah River Site and will bode well for its new and future members. Karen represented both Buyer and Seller and assisted in what appears to be a boost in activity in the New Ellenton market.
- 3109 Deans Bridge Road | David Hogg: David was pleased to sell this former Wells Fargo Bank branch to The Korean Association of Augusta. This building will be used to provide services to the Korean community in Augusta. Congratulations Mr. Kim and The Korean Association of Augusta on your new location at 3109 Deans Bridge Road in Augusta!
- 77 Acres @ Stephens Road | Travis Reed: This beautiful 125 acre tract of land is located just off of Highway 25 on Stephens Road near North Augusta, South Carolina. The property is covered with mature pine and hardwood timber and has some unique topography. There are two spring-fed ponds totaling roughly 10 acres that are overlooked by fifty-foot high bluffs; the perfect building site. The buyer was searching for property that would serve as a family compound where the parents and several of their children could build homes and have a buffer form the fast-growing North Augusta area. This property seems to have checked all of the boxes.
- Whiskey/Powder House | The Finem Group: Rezoned by the city of Aiken to accommodate future use as a grocery store, The Finem Group was pleased to get this property closed with McKnight Property Group. 20.04 acres in total, the property is zoned UD allowing for a variety of potential uses. The property features great traffic at the signalized corner of Whiskey (23.4K VPD) and Powderhouse Roads.
- Savannah Commons | Jordan Collier + Brian Sweeting: The Commons at Savannah Quarters is a 100% occupied multi-tenant investment-grade retail strip center. This 32,114 SF center is strategically located off Pooler Parkway (13.2K VPD) in Pooler, GA and has immediate access to Interstate 16. The Commons’ market position is elevated by being located within the dense premiere retail corridor of Savannah featuring the Tanger Outlets, Publix, Costco and many more national and regional retailers. Meybohm effectively delivered superior pricing, returning exceptional yields to the Seller.
- 322-324 Park Avenue | Karen Daly: 322-324 Park Avenue SW in Aiken, SC is under new ownership! In search of a solid investment property, this listing was an ideal candidate. Fully leased with two retail tenants down and a residential tenant up and located and in an up-and-coming area of Aiken’s CBD made it very appealing. Leases were re-evaluated and a new tenant was procured for the larger retail space within two weeks of closing.
- Mitchell Center | Matt Rogers: Mitchell Center is celebrating the opening of one of their newest tenants, The Feed Sack. Advance America has also extended their lease in the Mitchell Center. Finally, Mitchell center has a new tenant, Lotus Beauty. Lotus will offer an assortment of beauty supplies. Set to open in the fall, be sure to stop by and check out Lotus Beauty!
- 935 Huskbox Way | Bobby Meybohm: This lot recently closed on Horizon South Parkway near I-20. Bobby has worked with Taco Bell franchisees and corporate for 4 years on this property. The deal was finally done by Taco Bell Corporate and construction on a new store should begin immediately. Stay tuned for late night tacos, Grovetown!