Meybohm Commercial’s September 2022 Newsletter
A MONTH TO SEPTEMBER
A new store, a storage facility, a shopping center, and more. August was a fun month! Let’s see what we “fall” into in October!
- 2523 Tobacco Road | Travis Reed: Once under contract, this 24.3 acre property at the intersection of Tobacco and Windsor Spring Roads, adjoining Walmart Neighborhood Market and numerous other retail locations, took 1.5 years to close! Travis worked with Great Southern Homes to get this closed so they can start on their high-density residential project.
- South Augusta Storage Facility | David Hogg: Listed on a Tuesday, Under Contract by Friday, and closed in less than 30 days! David Hogg represented the seller of this 78-unit self-storage facility in South Augusta.
- 3604 Wheeler Road | Matt Rogers: This 4,000 SF office space with more than seven private offices, a large conference room with a wet bar, a reception area, and a staff kitchen was divided into four units and sold in three separate transactions. Matt just sold the last two!
- Lizard Thicket | Mark Pritchett: This Atlanta-based boutique has over twenty-eight stores in eight states. Mark is excited to bring their first Augusta store to Augusta Exchange!
- Lakeview Commons | Jordan Collier + Brian Sweeting: Meybohm Commercial is pleased to announce it’s representation in the acquisition of a value add retail strip portfolio on behalf of a large regional investment group. This acquisition continues the firm’s broader strategy of acquiring underutilized and mismanaged properties in emerging high-growth markets. Sitting in one of the fastest growing sub-markets in the sunbelt, within their dense retail node at the intersection of Interstate 10 and Interstate 110, this portfolio is uniquely positioned to capture and build upon the market’s rapid expansion. Market position is further solidified by its close proximity to the Keesler Air Force Base, Ingalls Shipbuilding, and the largest Chevron refinery in the world. Despite high vacancy across the portfolio, Meybohm utilized their commercial relationships and functional expertise to increase leasing velocity and executing multiple new leases prior to close. In doing so, the investment group was able to select a debt product that created higher positive leverage and superior debt yields. Meybohm continues to work collectively with national and regional investment groups delivering differentiated opportunities and insights to navigate macroeconomic volatility and shifting demand drivers with a focus on risk mitigation and return enhancement.